LEARN TO RIDE AND CARE FOR YOUR HORSE
Beginning in mid June Undermountain Farm holds a weekly summer vacation day-camp for ages 6-14. Groups are matched for riding in ability levels and counselors are added if groups are larger.
You may sign up for one or several weeks at a time. It has been our experience that many students love to come back several times. The cost is $325 for the week. $300 if students are registered and paid in full by May 1st. A deposit of $100 is required to reserve a place each week and the discount will only be honored if paid in full by May 1st . A release must be signed.
The day begins at 9 am. and ends at 3 pm. Bring your lunch and water bottle. Students must be properly dressed with long pants and riding or work boots. Shorts are permitted but bring pants for riding. Bring your helmet if you have one. Sunscreen and insect repellant are recommended.
Friday – pizza day!!! – please send $5 with your child by Friday if you would like to participate
June 12-16, June 19-23, June 26-30, July 3-7, (July 4 excluded, 4 day week discount $70; $280 total for holiday week), July 10-14, July 17-21, July 24-28, July 31-Aug 4, Aug 7-11, Aug 14-18, Aug 21-25 ? if there is interest.
Please download and fill out these forms to reserve your spot.
Please note that current immunizations and recent physical are REQUIRED and must be sent by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or physical copy given on first day of camp.
Participants will learn and experience:
- Routine chores, feeding, grooming, turn out, stall cleaning and pasture care.
- Tack cleaning, basic SAFETY, first aid for horses, nutrition, bathing, braiding, and blacksmith observation.
- A riding session tailored to the ability of the child is held daily.
- We find that this comprehensive schedule allows each student to absorb the many small details of horse care in a leisurely environment that cannot be duplicated in the intense framework of a series of riding lessons.
- Equine themed crafts and activities.
- Nature walks.
- During the course of the week the objective will be to have FUN with and around horses and ponies. In order to do this we will always stress the importance of SAFETY and THOROUGHNESS in the care of horses and their equipment.
- Gardening and other agricultural fun!
Please call for more information. Our staff will gladly answer your questions.