LEARN TO RIDE AND CARE FOR YOUR HORSE
UnderMountain Day camp runs weekly, Monday thru Friday, 9am-3pm, starting in mid June through the end of August. Cost for the week is $325. Early registration (fully paid before May 1st will be $300 per week. Refunds will be available, (less the $35 office fee) if we receive your cancellation at least 2 weeks in advance . Please note that groups are limited so dates fill quickly. A $150 deposit is required to hold your spot. Discount will only be given if payment is made IN FULL by May 1, 2018. A release must be signed.
The day begins at 9 am. and ends at 3 pm. Bring your lunch and water bottle. Students must be properly dressed with long pants and riding or work boots. Shorts are permitted but bring pants for riding. Bring your helmet if you have one. Sunscreen and insect repellant are recommended.
Friday – pizza day!!! – please send $5 with your child by Friday if you would like to participate
Please download and fill out these forms to reserve your spot.
Please note that current immunizations and recent physical are REQUIRED with a physical copy given on first day of camp.
Participants will learn and experience:
- Routine chores, feeding, grooming, turn out, stall cleaning and pasture care.
- Tack cleaning, basic SAFETY, first aid for horses, nutrition, bathing, braiding, and blacksmith observation.
- A riding session tailored to the ability of the child is held daily.
- We find that this comprehensive schedule allows each student to absorb the many small details of horse care in a leisurely environment that cannot be duplicated in the intense framework of a series of riding lessons.
- Equine themed crafts and activities.
- Nature walks.
- During the course of the week the objective will be to have FUN with and around horses and ponies. In order to do this we will always stress the importance of SAFETY and THOROUGHNESS in the care of horses and their equipment.
- Gardening and other agricultural fun!
Please call for more information. Our staff will gladly answer your questions.